Windows – How to merge Word docs with keeping source formatting
- Open Microsoft Word and go to File -> Options -> Advanced -> [Cut, copy and paste]
Ensure ‘Show Paste Options button when content is pasted’ is selected.
- Open in one side Document B which you want to copy from
Open in another side Document A which you want to paste into
- On Document A, place the cursor where you want to paste the imported data.
On Document B, select all the section you like to copy and then Right click -> Copy.
- Go back to Document A where you left the cursor, then just do Right click.
First, unfortunately you will see only one Paste option, Don’t Paste it now!
- Go to Document B and just click on some place near ‘Document B.docx’ on the top
Ensure all content you need is still selected, then again Right Click – Copy.
- Finally, go to Document A, ensure the cursor is on the desired place and Right click -> Paste Options:
Keep Source Formatting (or just Right click and then K).